Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Speak Coyote

The coyotes are killing and eating the neighborhood cats :-(
on my hillside. It's mating season, and they howl through the night. It's a good thing that I understand their language and can interpret their conversations for you.

Male coyote: Come here, baby. I have Thai food!
Female coyote: Really? Curry with chicken?
Male coyote: No. Siamese cat. We can enjoy it together under the moonlight.
Female coyote: Cat, cat, always cat! Do you eat anything besides cat? This is Marin county! I expect better.
Male coyote: What do you mean, babe?
Female coyote: The coyote on the other side of the hill just got a rat. He said it was special imported food, Norwegian rat, all the rage now in Albuquerque.
Male coyote: All the rats here are Norwegian rats!
Female coyote: Well, I expect better than cat wolfed down in  30 seconds followed by a quick sprint away from the Humane Society guy.
Male coyote: OK, OK.
Female coyote: And another thing. The coyote on the other side of the hill has a nicer territory. He says he has a pool.
Male coyote: The Corte Madera Creek?
Female coyote: Whatever. He says he filled it with game.
Male coyote: It's got geese in it that flew south for the winter.
Female coyote: I take my goose served rare.
Male coyote: You got it or my goose is cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teacher by Day, Drummer by Night

Teacher by Day, Drummer by Night
Please recommend this blog to others

Popular Posts